Okay, I know I should have done this a long time ago but I took the boys to their first dental check-up today. I took them to my fabulous dentist, Dr. G Rabon, and Ms. Sheri cleaned their teeth.
Here is Gavin who did a great job and his cleaning went flawlessly. He was excited to drink water from the water spray thing (technical terminology, huh?) and feel the rotating toothbrush. He also said that the bubblegum toothpaste was delicious. So proud of my little man for setting a great example for Andrew!
 |
| Feeling the toothbrush rotate. |
 |
| Dr. Rabon checking Gavin's teeth. |
As soon as Gavin was done with his teeth, he ran out to pick a toy from the treasure box and Andrew immediately hopped onto the seat, with no prompting from me. I thought, "Great! He's going to do fine!" I was wrong. He wasn't bad, but he would not open his mouth. He literally kept his lips sealed the entire time and wouldn't talk or anything. The only time he opened his mouth was when I roared at him like a lion and he did it back to me. By the time Dr. Rabon came in to check on him, he was done. Enjoy the pictures of Andrew not getting his teeth cleaned!
 |
| I was very hopeful at this point. |
 |
| Started out ok until Sheri put something in his mouth. |
 |
| Trying to convince him to let her brush his teeth. |
 |
| Dr. Rabon trying to look in his mouth. |
 |
| Hahahaha. He's angry. |
 |
| Over it. We stopped trying to do anything at this point! |
Oh well. Hopefully Andrew is more open to going to the dentist in six months. Overall, there were no tears and no tantrums so I'd consider it a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment